Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Charm of Gnomes

Well there doesn't seem to be an official collective noun for a group of Gnomes so please feel free to make up your own if you don't like mine. I thought of saying "A Garden of Gnomes" but those are obviously another branch on the family tree. Any who, here is my

"Charm of Gnomes "

and they are definitely a charming group! While I was trying to get these shots this morning I had a little rascal trying to steal into the shots. Don't be fooled by her nonchalance...

I'm not the least bit interested in what you're doing!

See! Actually Calliope loves that cherry red doll and has been trying to get it since it was made!
And she's fast too!
This last one is for Bea, I took it even before you asked! But Calliope is too fast for my creaky old camera.


11 comments:

  1. Well, these are certainly very charming!
    The picture I usually get from the word gnome is 'old and ugly', but these don't fit THAT particular picture! Perhaps they are a 'clutch of gnomelings'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across this blog. I, too, have always been interested in this type of thing.

    You ought to create a separate blog dedicated to mythology and folklore! You probably know a lot about it.

    I would love to read something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second one from the right, with the yellow striped leggings and the autumn leaves. These are SO cute! I need a baby in my life so I can buy one of these! Is it too early for me to stock up on Grandma stuff? Yah, kinda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess that's better than a murder of crows! My parents used to play a game where they would say "I love you ___"--and fill in the blank with groups, covens, murders, etc. They tried to see who could name as many different groupings. I like a charm of gnomes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do like Susie's idea of calling them Gnomelings! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Charm of Gnomelings perhaps?? :0) CHARM is the perfect word for a group of gnomes..I love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. a charm of gnomelings sounds just right to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love the gnomes. I want a line of trolls and it's hard working on it esp. when you have a kitty bugging you. This could be my feline only mine is all black!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh! I love the kitty shot. Calli looks about like mine when they spy your dolls.. "Hmmm, what's this? Something to chew?"

    I love the gnomes though. I sound like a broken record. I love EVERYTHING you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet, and I think Kitty is going to give her a kiss!

    ReplyDelete