Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Year ...at Last!

Gracious! A new year and I'm already running behind...ah well it's pretty much situation normal for me. I hope you all had a lovely holiday and are finding yourselves more up to speed in the new year then yours truly.

As a rule I don't make resolutions... but this year I've made two! First , inspired by a friend who is going to try and read 50 books this year, I've decided to keep track of how many I read. I think it will probably be way more then 50, I've finished 3 this first week, but I really have no idea and I'd love to know. So I'm going to start a new record in my side bar there ---> and perhaps I'll even be inspired to do the occasional review. Secondly I've decided to take some time Every week and make or work on something just because I want to! I know, radical right? I figure it's one way to cope with the art versus commerce dilemma. So this week I began work on a small hanging for the kitchen that has been kicking around in my head for months now. Here's the first stages..

That wonderful moon is a vintage mother of pearl button that my wonderful sister gave me for my birthday...it is SO fabulous!

I also reopened the shop this week and added a bunch of new dolls...most of which sold out immediately...Yay !...but these two are still there and I'm back to work to make some more. See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! love these little dolls - they are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog for quite a while, so I thought it was about time I said 'hi'. I love your work, and some of your tutorials have helped me to work out the problems I'm having with my doll making. It's in it's very infant stages at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! (it still counts since it's only January)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful to take some time each week to create for yourself. I am inspired to do the same.

    Happy New Year! I enjoy your dolls, as always.

    ReplyDelete