Saturday, September 4, 2010

Predator and Prey Story

This gorgeous lady has been hanging out in my garden...

Now this is the same garden where, as I mentioned before, all these fellows have been congregating as well...

Today I watched as the two came closer and closer, tragedy seemed inevitable. Would I intervene or let Nature take her course?


Luckily I didn't need to decide. For today, butterfly was not on the menu. ( But I did give her a fat, juicy tomato worm as a consolation...better she eat the worm then it eat my tomatoes!)

3 comments:

  1. I would have wanted to save that butterfly too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic photos! What kind of spider is that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garden Spider, very common in NC. More here: http://www.carolinanature.com/spiders/blackandyellowargiope.html

    ReplyDelete