Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Autumn Snapshots

Autumn is without a doubt my favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather, the sharp scents of woodsmoke and decaying leaves, and the colors...oh my the colors! Brilliant blue skies and leaves in amazing shades of red and gold. Here's a tree that is directly across the street from my house. For a couple of weeks every year the setting sun shines through it in the afternoon and bathes my home in the most amazing golden glow...


This one I saw on my walk this morning. I love how the reflection looks like an Impressionist's painting.
A tree by the corner on my way home...gorgeous.


Finally, a collection of things I stuck in my pockets along the way...


There are places in the world where it is Winter all the time and others where it is Summer, but I think in the lands of Fae it must be constant magical Autumn.

...And I have no idea what this guy was talking about but he seemed very happy to discuss it at length....

8 comments:

  1. hehehe, I bought some leaves that look like that for my Fae.

    nice photos

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures, I miss the Fall the most, I did get to see some leaves on my trip up North, but nothing like this!
    wonderful and so pretty
    Karey

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post and your photos are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh lovely photos thank you.

    the tree's here in my forest are just amazing right now~especially the beech leaves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are a dream.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn is one of the most inspiring seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such glorious colours!

    (and the capcha is rednesse!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are so amazing!

    Stopping by from the Aquariann's blog hop!

    ReplyDelete